Are you having withdrawals from X factor? Why not hold your own event? You have every X Factor track performed by all the contestants over the last 2 years on your Vidimixer and karaoke at your fingertips. Everything you need to create a great X Factor weekend!
Preparation Time: 1 hour deciding you events
Cooking Time: 6 hours planning and organising
Serves: One full pub for 2 days
- Decorate your pub: Can you create a set to rival X Factor, including a mini stage and the judges table?
- Make it Fancy Dress: Surely there are plenty of wannabe Frankie Cocozzas, Goldies or Kittys in your pub.
- Recruit Judges: Do you know anyone who you feel would fit the role of Xfactor Judge?
- Use Vidimixers catalogue of X Factor Tracks: That’s right, every song sung this competition and previous years is on the Vidimixer for you to use. Simply create a Smart Playlist by selecting the Genre Xfactor. Click here for instructions on creating Smart Playlists.
- Create Adverts: Create on screen adverts encouraging your customers to attend auditions. Use the images on screen or add your own using the Advert Updater on Vidimixer.
- Send out texts: Send out text messages in plenty of time inviting your customers to come down and audition.
- Karaoke competition: Encourage your customers to audition and compete for their 15 minutes of fame.
- Decide which of the ingredients you will be using in your event
- Plan your entertainment schedule. Concentrating on keeping people longer.
- Plan how you’ll judge who wins your competitions.
- Decide what your prizes will be and when you’ll give them out.
- Create adverts which include details of the competitions, prizes and food/drinks offers.
- Create event on screen advert and send out a text messages to ensure all your customers know what you are doing.
Here’s one we made earlier….
9am: Begin welcoming your contestants in to the pub to prepare for their auditions. Make sure you have the karaoke track they need and allocate them an individual number.
11.30am: Welcome the local media.
12pm: Introduce your judges.
12.30pm: Begin your auditions making sure you know which act is going on next so you have the karaoke tracks and jingles ready.
6pm: Announce which of the contestants will be returning for the semi final the next day.
Sunday semi final and final:
10am: Welcome your semi finalists and judges back.
11am: Begin the semi finals.
4pm: Announce the finalists
4.30pm: Take a break before the final commences.
7pm: Welcome back the finalists, judges and media.
10.30pm: Announce your winner and award the prize!